Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time to get this thing started!

Hello everyone!

Well, it's finally up, this is the blog I'll be running while I'm away. I'm sure most of you are sick to death of hearing about the trip already, but for those that don't really know what's going on, I'll cover the basics.

It's a 6-ish week trip planned to S/E Asia.  It's on my list of things I must do ever since I got back from backpacking Europe, 7 years ago. Things finally fell in place this year. I have enough holiday time from work, I have the means and lack of commitments...it's the right time to go!

I fly to Bangkok, in a few days via L.A. and Tokyo. (Back to Narita again!) I have 4 days on my own to explore Bangkok (If anyone has any tips on what to do in Bangkok, let me know!) On the 4th, I join up with a G-Adventures tour, whom I stay with for just under a month.  Touring Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, the tour emphasizes adventure with daily chances for hiking, biking kayaking. (and even the occasional elephant ride!) Check it out at http://www.gadventures.com/trips/indochina-encompassed/ATIE/2012/itinerary/ if you're curious.  With lots of excursions and exploration time, it should be a good tour!

At the end of the month I make a 4 hr flight south to the Indonesian island of Bali, where I stay in a little fishing village on the coast for 7 days at a diving resort. Fingers crossed I get my PADI open water diving certification, and have a lovely time exploring, before I travel inland for 3 days to a 5 star spa resort to relax. After 3 days of massages and exploring the nearby arts and culture town of Ubud, I head back North to start my long trip home!

If my cellphone company is correct, I should have internet (email, blog, facebook) access, so hopefully I can keep this updated without it costing me a ton!

Oh, PS. I found out from the last trip, I love comments and emails from back home, so don't be strangers!

*******************
Currently in: Calgary
Best thing about today: It's my final day of work!
Listening to: The dog snoring. I'm going to miss that
Where to next: The kitchen to make some lunch
*******************

4 comments:

  1. Jody looking forward to hearing all about it and findin g ways of controlling the green eyed monster i already feel developing....keep safe and have a blast!!

    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am *so* excited for you! Can't wait to read all about your adventures - well done. mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip and enjoy every minute of it:-)
    Stay safe and i look forward to your pics and updates:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip and enjoy every minute of it:-)
    Stay safe and i look forward to your pics and updates:-)

    ReplyDelete