Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hot, Humid and Dark Outside

I made it!

The biggest hurdle on the trip was getting here, and that's over with!

I arrived in Bangkok at around midnight local time. After a long wait at passport control, I picked up my bag and was on my way. This is where things hit a slight bump, my pre-arranged airport shuttle didn't show. A very nice porter lady actually called my hotel to see what was up, then set me up with a cab instead. I did break the first rule of foreign taxi's (never take an un-metered car) but knew enough to barter and set the price before we started moving. It ended up being 900 baht, a little under $30, which seed fair considering I was headed for downtown.

So now I'm lying in my room, a nice (though rather hard) king bed, reveling in the air conditioning I just figured out how to use.

It's almost 2am local time now, no idea what time it is back home, and I'm debating a trip downstairs to the connected 7-11 to find something for...whatever meal you want to call this? Following that I think I'll see what Bangkok tv has to offer!

**********
Current location: Bangkok, Thailand
Listening to: car horns and the air conditioner humming
Missing: Daylight. I can't wait to go explore the area!
*************

No comments:

Post a Comment